Sunday 17 April 2011

National Academy of Writing

Angel from Kiltumper
Okay so it's not a spring photo.  But I'm thinking about Angels lately.  My sister sent me 3 from overseas.  How they found their way to me is beyond knowing.  (A cloud of unknowing sometimes does be enveloping me but that's another story.)  So I accepted them with gratitude.  You never know when someone has your back.

Meanwhile, over in London, I've been participating in the National Academy of Writing Masterclasses in -- writing.  One of 12 writers selected, I'm working on a novel with a working title of Chelsea Morning.  I had submitted 5000 words of Two Blue Moons -- a finished, yet unpublished work -- but have decided to keep that in a drawer.  Once upon a time, a NY agent who shall remain nameless told me it was more like a second novel than a first novel.  So logic dictates I should write the ubiquitous 'first novel' first.

So wish me luck...

3 comments:

April Jarocka said...

And wish you luck we do!! Good to know you're enjoying your course!

Marti said...

Congratulations on your selection as one of the 12 writers. Having read the four books that you wrote with Niall and your travel book, can't wait for the day when Chelsea Morning and Two Blue Moons are available; what a lucky day for all of us that will be.

Deirdre said...

First things first, such like an Aries to be ahead of herself